Equipping the Saints for the Work of Ministry (9): From the perspective of the “Body” (Part 2)
Scriptures: 1 Cor 12:12-27; Eph 4:15-16
背誦經文：我們不拘是猶太人，是希臘人，是為奴的，是自主的，都從一位聖靈受洗， 成了一個身體，飲於一位聖靈。 (林前12：13)
Memorization Scripture: For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor 12:13)
A. “You (all) are the body of Christ”
a) 肢體永遠離不開身子 (林前12：12b, 15-16)
a) The members can never be separated from the body (1 Cor 12:12b, 15-16)
· 12 …肢體雖多，仍是一個身子；基督也是這樣…15 設若腳說：「我不是手，所以不屬乎身子，」它不能因此就不屬乎身子。 16 設若耳說：「我不是眼，所以不屬乎身子，」它不能因此就不屬乎身子。
· 12 … but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. … 15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body?
· [Application/Practical Examples] : How to positively mobilize individuals who see themselves as insignificant or unimportant into services? How to avoid comparisons and competitions between the members?
b) 肢體彼此相需、缺一不可 (林前12：21-22)
b) Members need one another, cannot miss any (1 Cor 12:21-22)
· 21 眼不能對手說：「我用不著你。」頭也不能對腳說：「我用不著你。」 22 不但如此，身上肢體人以為軟弱的，更是不可少的。
· 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary.
· [Application/Practical Examples] : How to assist members with greater gifts and more visible functions, yet do not understand the concept of the body, to willingly accept the aid of the other members and live in the protection of the body?
c) 肢體彼此相愛、彼此相助 (林前12：23-24)
c) Members love one another and help one another (1 Cor 12:23-24)
· 23 身上肢體，我們看為不體面的，越發給它加上體面；不俊美的，越發得著俊美。 24 我們俊美的肢體，自然用不著裝飾；但 神配搭這身子，把加倍的體面給那有缺欠的肢體…
· 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it…
· [Application/Practical Examples] : How to practically actualize what is spoken of here? How to avoid the misunderstanding and erroneous application of these scriptures? For example, we are persistent in being lazy, not being responsible, not seeking improvements, yet we continue to request the aid and covering from the other members.
d) 肢體彼此相顧、同甘共苦 (林前12：25-26)
d) Members care for one another, rejoice and suffer together (1 Cor 12:25-26)
· 25 …總要肢體彼此相顧。26 若一個肢體受苦，所有的肢體就一同受苦；若一個肢體得榮耀，所有的肢體就一同快樂。
· 25 … but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
· [Application/Practical Examples] : The attitude and spirit of rejoicing and suffering together is a rarity in the post-modern era. What is our path? How do we strengthen this natural relationship between members of the same body?
B) “But you (all) are also individually members”
a) 雖屬同一身子，但肢體卻各有各的功用 (林前12：12a，14，17，19，21)
a) Although we are of the same body, but each member have its own unique functions (1 Cor 12:12a,14,17,19,21)
· 12 …身子是一個，卻有許多肢體…17 若全身是眼，從哪裏聽聲呢？若全身是耳，從哪裏聞味呢？… 19 若都是一個肢體，身子在哪裏呢…
· 12 … the body is one and has many members …14 For in fact the body is not one member but many … 17 If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? … 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing?
· 【應用/實例】：知道自己的恩賜與功用嗎？從『盡』功用的角度來看，你會如何評估自己 (1-10分) ？如何能具體地接受別的肢體所帶給你的幫助與祝福？
· [Application/Practical Examples] : Do you know your gifts and functions? How would you evaluate yourself (score from 1 to 10) from the perspective of “fulfilling” your functions? How do you practically accept the help and blessings brought to you by the other members?
b) 是神在安排各肢體，配搭這個身子 (林前12：18，24b)
b) Its God Himself who sets each member and composes this body (1 Cor 12:18, 24b)
· 18 …神隨自己的意思把肢體俱各安排在身上…24 …神配搭這身子…
· 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased … 24 … But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it,
· 【應用/實例】：曾經為了自己所得的恩賜與功用埋怨過、或驕傲過嗎？曾經為自己的恩賜與功用感謝過 神嗎？
· [Application/Practical Examples] : Have you complained or been arrogant concerning the gifts and functions you have received? Have you thanked God concerning the gifts and functions you have received?
c) 百節各按各職，照著各體的功用，彼此相助 (弗4：15-16)
c) By what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, helping one another (Eph 4:15-16)
· 凡事長進，連於元首基督， 全身都靠祂聯絡得合式，百節各按各職，照著各體的功用彼此相助，便叫身體漸漸增長，在愛中建立自己。
· Grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
· [Application/Practical Examples] : How to treasure every opportunity of service by giving our all in love and earnestly hope that it will bless all the brothers and sisters? How to pursue continual growth in life and the gifts we have received?